We work very hard to match the right pet to both your needs (based on your home and work life) but also the needs of the animal making sure that we are finding a home they will be the happiest in.
Our rehoming process is as follows:
- Make an appointment to come and visit the rehoming centre by calling 01227 719 113 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- On arrival you will need to complete an application form and have an informal interview with an experienced team member who will help to assess the type of animal you are looking for and which animals they feel would be most suitable for your home environment.
- Based on your answers and a good chat, the team member will show you a range of suitable animals. It may be that some of the animals are currently in foster homes so videos and photos will be shown and an further appointment to see the particular animal at the foster home can also be made.
- Please do not be disheartened if there isn’t an animal that is suitable on the day of your appointment, we have new arrivals regularly!
- If an animal match is made then they will be reserved for you (with the exception of kittens under the age of 6 months) – pending any further information needed and/or a home check by an experienced Home Visitor. A 24 hour ‘cooling off’ period is helpful to ensure you have the time to prepare your home and make sure the decision is the right one for you. The animal may also need a final vet check to give a clean bill of health before leaving the rehoming centre.
- A further appointment will be made for you to come in and complete your rehoming! Rehoming fees do apply and this will need to paid at this stage.